One of the most preferred holiday destinations in India, Jaipur—The Pink City has its own regal charm and rich cultural history. Food and forts being the highlight of Jaipur, the majestic architecture and Rajasthani hospitality also add more to the traveling experience and will surely make you fall for the first planned city of the country.
Jaipur, undoubtedly, is a perfect place for a weekend trip for people looking for an escape from the humdrum of their life into a world full of adventure, excitement, fun, and relaxation. Let’s take a look at the 2-day itinerary that covers all the must-visit places of the getaway to India’s most flamboyant state.
Day 1: How to reach Jaipur?
Jaipur is a well-connected city by air, rail, and road. However, the best mode of transport to the city is air as it saves time. Jaipur Airport operates domestic as well as international flights. All the major cities of the country including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, etc., offer frequent flights to the destination. You are suggested to opt for an early morning flight so as to enjoy the rest of the day exploring the colorful and ethnic charm of the place. You can also opt for a late evening flight after your work to reach the destination a day before.
Sightseeing in Jaipur
Check-in to the hotel once you reach Jaipur. There are numerous hotels in Jaipur, ranging in comfort, budget, facilities, and location. Now that you have almost the whole day at your disposal, you can choose Jaipur sightseeing attractions and places to go.
- Albert Hall Museum: The finest example of Indo-Saracenic architecture, Albert Hall Museum is the oldest museum in Rajasthan. The museum houses a treasured collection of artifacts such as paintings, statues, antiques, crystal word and stone and metal sculptures.
- Chokhi Dhani: Perfectly portraying the signature tagline of the city, ‘Padharo Mhare Des’, Chokhi Dhani is a perfect mix of ethnic culture and traditional food. Located just about 20 km south of the city, the place has many open-air restaurants, traditional entertainment events, and adventure activities and offers the finest hospitality. The place will surely be an unforgettable part of your Jaipur trip.
- Birla Temple: A part of many Birla Temples located all over the country, this marble-clad Hindu Temple is dedicated to deities of Lakshmi & Vishnu. The best time to visit the temple is at night when it is brilliantly lit-up with soft glowing lights, offering a stunning view of the marble exteriors of the temple.
Day 2: Prime Tourist attractions of Jaipur
After a fruitful first day, you can explore other amazing attractions of the ‘Pink City’! The vibrant city with colorful streets, plentiful bazaars, and diverse cuisines offers a number of beautiful tourist places for some amazing memories!
- Hawa Mahal: This spectacular monument is synonymous with the city itself! The true highlight of Jaipur, Hawa Mahal is constructed with pink and red sandstone and is an exquisite architectural masterpiece built in 1779 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. A must visit tourist attraction of the city, the place is decorated with intricate latticework and ‘jharokhas’.
- Jal Mahal: Amidst the Man Sagar Lake in Jaipur, the place is a perfect display of Rajput style. Essentially meaning water palace, Jal Mahal is a five-tier tall place with top four levels being submerged underwater and top floor visible above the surface of the lake. The enchanting place is a blend of detailed work and architecture and offers breathtaking views that make your visit worthy.
- Amer Fort: Located in the town of Amer in Jaipur, this majestic fort is situated high up on a hill and consists of a variety of elegant courtyards and structures. You will get to witness the beauty of Diwan-i- Khas, Diwan-i-Aam, Jai Mandir, Sheesh Mahal, and Sukh Niwas at Jal Mahal. Declared as a UNESCO world heritage site, the fine architecture of the place will leave you spellbound! You can also enjoy light and sound show and learn about the rich of history of the Fort.
End the tiring day with a sumptuous meal! There are many best dinner places in Jaipur that offer cuisines ranging from local food to international fusion. However, together with experiencing the royal charm of the ‘Pink City’, witness also the great hospitality of The Lalit Jaipur as well. With many options of a tour of the best places, the majestic property offers complimentary meals, discounts on laundry, spa, and a lot more. Make your memorable trip to Jaipur even more memorable with The Lalit Jaipur.