Stretch marks are those visible lines on the surface of the skin, with an off-colour shade. Mostly stretch marks are found on the abdominal wall; however, they can also occur on upper arms, things, breasts and buttocks. Sometimes stretch marks cover a large area of the skin surface. While the main cause of stretch marks is pregnancy, other reasons contribute to their occurrences as well such as rapid growth, sudden weight loss or weight gain, change in physical condition, heredity factor, and stress.
Our skin has three main layers: Epidermis (the outer layer), Dermis (the middle layer), and Subcutaneous or Hypodermic (the deepest layer). Stretch marks occur in the dermis or the middle layer of the skin when the connective tissue is expanded further than its power of flexibility due to rapid expansion or contraction of the skin.
Stretch marks can make one feel self-conscious and uncomfortable about their body. Fortunately, many natural stretch marks removal remedies will help in reducing the stretch marks without any side effects.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is one of the most efficient stretch marks removal remedies of all. It has healing and soothing properties that can help in reduction of stress marks.
- You can directly massage aloe vera gel on the stretch marks, leave it for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Mix one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel and oil of 10 vitamin E and A. apply this mixture on the affected area until fully absorbed.
2. LEMON JUICE
A simple stretch marks removal remedy is to use lemon juice. Lemon juice is acidic which will increase the healing process and reduce stretch marks, acne, or any other scars
- Gently massage lemon juice on the stretch mark in a circular motion. Leave it for 10 minutes to absorb then rinse it off with warm water.
- Mix equal amount of lemon juice and cucumber juice, and apply it on the affected area.
3. Egg Whites
Eggs are a rich source of protein. However, for stretch marks removal treatment we only want the whites, which are enriched in amino acid and proteins.
- After cleaning the affected area, apply a thick layer of egg whites on to the stretch mark.
- Allow the egg white to dry and then wash it off with cold water.
- Apply olive oil afterwards to keep the moisturised.
Natural white sugar is one of the best natural stretch marks removal remedies. You can also use sugar to exfoliate the skin.
- Mix a tablespoon of sugar and almond oil, and few drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture on the stretch marks
- Do this daily few minutes before taking a shower.
5. Castor Oil
Castor Oil is used to treat many skin problems including age spots, wrinkles, dark spots, moles, pimples, and fine lines. And it is an effective stretch marks removal treatment as well.
- Apply castor oil on the stretch mark and gently massage in circular motions.
- Wrap the area with a cotton cloth. Using a heating pad, or hot water bottle, apply some heat on the area for at least 30 minutes
- Repeat this process daily, and you will see positive results.
6. Potato Juice
Potato Juice is enriched with vitamins and minerals that help in growth and restoration of skin cells. Thus this makes potato an effective stretch marks removal remedy.
- Slice potato in thick slices
- Take one potato piece and massage it on the stretch marks.
- Allow the potato juice to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
7. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is also an effective stretch marks removal remedy. Being a great natural moisturiser, it nourishes the skin and reduces the stretch marks appearance
- Apply cocoa butter on the stretch marks twice a day
- Mix half a cup of cocoa butter, a tablespoon of wheat germ oil, two teaspoons of grated beeswax and a tablespoon of vitamin E and apricot kernel oil. Heat the mixture until the wax melts. Apply this mixture on the affected area thrice a day.
Alfalfa leaves have eight essential amino acid which is good for overall skin health. They are also enriched with protein and vitamin E and K, which provides great nourishment to the skin. They are also a great natural stretch marks removal remedy.
- Mix alfalfa powder with few drops of chamomile oil
- Apply the paste onto the affected area at least twice a day
Keeping your body hydrated is one of the best stretch marks removal treatments. A hydrated body protects the skin from many skin problems and also helps in detoxification.
Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day to keep your skin hydrated.
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil is enriched with nutrients and antioxidants that help in treating many skin problems. And thus they are one of the most used stretch marks removal remedies of all.
- Massage olive oil on the stretch marks. This will also improve the blood circulation and reduce stretch marks
- Leave it for 30 minutes so that the skin absorb all the vitamins A, D, and E present in the olive oil
- You can also use olive oil, vinegar, and water as a night cream. This will keep the skin healthy and exfoliated.
These are few natural and effective stretch marks removal remedies. These remedies will provide you with guaranteed results and no side effects.